Your hair is your crowning glory. Look after it and it will shine for all the world to see. You don’t always need expensive treatments, or multiple visits to a hair salon to manage your hair professionally. There’s so much you can do yourself.
- For shiny, healthy hair think first of your body’s intake. Your hair is really just a reflection of what you are inside. A good balanced, nutritious, and healthy diet will do more to make your hair shine than any shampoo or conditioner. And drink eight to ten glasses of water a day too; hair is 25% water, so don’t let yours go thirsty!
- Dry your hair after washing it by first using an absorbent towel to soak up the excess moisture, but don’t rub hard. If at all possible, don’t use blow-drying, flat irons, curling irons or hot rollers. Artificial heating will leave your hair brittle and damaged over time. Be as natural with your hair whenever you can.
- Prevent unnecessary hair damage by using the right kind of hairbrush. Brushing helps distribute the oils from your scalp throughout your mid-shaft and ends. It also stimulates blood flow to the scalp, which helps with new growth as it removes dead skin cells and opens up your hair follicles. Make sure to only comb wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, combing from root to end, but avoiding touching the root. Detangling wet hair with a hard brush can create a lot of damage, so don’t!
- Hair loss can be slowed, or even reversed by applying a few simple tips. Note: they probably won’t cure an underlying condition. Biotin can help to regenerate hair follicles, you can take a supplement or eat foods such as nuts, eggs and liver. Supplements such as Vitamin B6 and zinc will help too. You can also get these by consuming pumpkin seeds, asparagus, potatoes, carrots, fruits, especially bananas, as well as animal protein, and eggs. Eliminating stress and getting plenty of sleep will work wonders too!!
- Now let’s talk about hair oil or hair serum for your hair, they are a pure, natural product that will give you shiny, healthy hair. Hair serums are used to moisturize and hydrate the hair, as well as smooth and protect it from all your styling tools. Scalp serum will help to soften, moisturize and nourish your scalp to deal with the dryness, itchiness, or flaking that can occur with dry a scalp.
Just like our skin, we need oil to have healthy, strong hair. Oil lubricates the outer cuticle and strengthens the inner core by providing moisture to help keep the bonds strong. Applying hair oil is meant to replicate and supplement the natural oils that our bodies make.
Hair oils can be used both as a nourishing treatment or as a styling tool to help smooth the hair. They are particularly good for individuals with dry or tight scalps that are lacking moisture. If your hair itself is also dry, applying hair oil can help give it a nice, natural shine, smooth the cuticle, and help to finish off your hairstyle. You would also likely benefit from the moisturizing effects of a hair oil if you have chemically treated or processed hair too.
Let’s face it, we are all obsessed with our hair, whether we are 9 or 90, male or female. Look after yourself first and foremost and your hair will reflect that wonderful care and attention.