Serums are used underneath your moisturizer to boost hydration. They create a waterproof layer, slowing down water loss and keeping skin hydrated for longer. Commercial serums are usually made from silicone, and although it leaves a silky feeling on the skin, it also creates a plastic-like layer. This can prevent the skin from breathing naturally, blocking the pores and affecting its ability to release toxins. A much better, natural alternative is olive squalane. It helps to boost the skin’s moisture and elasticity and as it helps to accelerate new cell growth it’s sometimes called facelift in a bottle! Olive Squalane is derived from olive oil; a light oil that spreads and is absorbed easily and leaves the skin silky and smooth.
These special ingredients help to improve the appearance of aging skin by hydrating, enhancing elasticity, tightening and toning, boosting skin cell regeneration and providing a rich source of antioxidants. This serum helps to regenerate, repair and retain moisture of the skin. It enhances skin elasticity and is a very rich source of antioxidants; it helps to reduce aging effects such as reduced wrinkle depth.
- Camellia Seed Oil comes from the seeds of the plant that makes green tea. It’s a nice moisturizer for the skin because of its exceptionally high oleic acid (omega 9) which is an excellent skin healer. It is light and is quickly absorbed into the skin. The oils moisturizing properties make it ideal for mature skin.
- Rosehip seed oil is regenerating, rejuvenating and healing. Light, non-greasy oil that is quickly absorbed. Rosehip oil has significant anti-aging benefits due to it being packed with vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids. It contains vitamins E, C, and pro-vitamin A, which contribute to its antioxidant effect. The presence of vitamin C and A also stimulate collagen production in the skin, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles. The fatty acids work with vitamin A to help improve overall skin tone and texture.
- Meadowfoam oil has a combination of fatty acids, which softens the skin, slowing transepidermal water loss and works as an anti-inflammatory ingredient. It forms a strong barrier on the skin and helps to moisturize it.
- Olive squalane feels very light and absorbs rapidly, yet penetrates deeply to hydrate, improve elasticity, boost cell regeneration while drawing water from the surrounding environment into the skin. Squalane oil helps to protect the skin from free radicals that can cause age spots and premature aging.
- Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful anti-aging active ingredient, with antioxidant and skin-soothing properties. It reduces photo-aging effects, which can be seen as reduced wrinkle depth.
- Sea buckthorn CO2 extract regenerates repairs and retains moisture while reducing trans-epidermal water loss. It enhances skin elasticity and is a very rich source of a variety of antioxidants like carotenoids, tocopherols, and flavonoids. Sea buckthorn extract is the highest source of Vitamins E, C, pro-Vitamin A, and amino acids, resulting in a potent reservoir of skin-repairing phytonutrients to combat wrinkles and reverse the effects of environmental damage.
- Frankincense essential oil tightens and tones while stimulating cell regeneration and smoothing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Lavender essential oil is wonderful for your skin, as it is balancing and soothing. It is helpful for your emotions too as it is calming and relaxing.