Body Butter melts on contact with the skin, protects against water loss and outside weathering (sun, snow, rain, and wind), and boosts the protective layer and barrier repair function of the skin. They hydrate, moisturize, soften and smooth dry, dehydrated and damaged skin. They are very soothing, protecting and help to heal cracked, aged and damaged skin and helps with eczema and psoriasis.
Rub it into your skin after your shower or bath on moist skin to seal in the nourishment for the day. Also, keep it on your nightstand for a foot massage to nourish tired feet at bedtime or for an all-over body massage.
My other body butter options include Vanilla Latte Body Butter, Stretch Mark Belly Butter and Soothing Calendula Body Butter
- Shea butter is soothing and nourishing and leaves skin really soft and smooth. It’s great for all skin types, especially dry skin as it helps to heal dry, cracked, aged and damaged skin. A wonderful moisturizer, and very soothing. Useful for stretch marks.
- Coconut oil smells amazing, but it also softens, soothes and is an anti-inflammatory agent. Good source of vitamin D which makes it a fantastic oil for all-around moisturizing and works as a great defensive layer. It helps to keep the moisture within your skin and helps with irritated or inflamed skin. The medium chain fatty acids present in coconut oil, especially lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, have been shown to possess antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. It contains antioxidants which help fight free radicals thereby keeping the skin looking younger.
- Sunflower oil features a pleasing aroma and is effortlessly absorbed when applied. It is rich in Oleic acids along with large quantities of Vitamins A, D, and E.
- Geranium essential oil is great for all types of skin as it balances sebum, the skins natural fatty substance that keeps skin supple. It improves circulation, is regenerating, cleansing and helps with eczema, inflammation and stretch marks.
- Lavender essential oil has powerful skin-preserving qualities as it helps to heal and regenerate skin cells. It’s also an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which makes it amazing for any skin type.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil is regulating and balancing. It’s very good for dry skin, helps with circulation, and helps to settle your mind and emotions.
Danielle (verified owner) –
This has saved my dry skin, and especially my dry feet! I love it!!
Lorraine Crowe –
Yahh, I love it when I can save dry feet! 🙂
Liz Hicks –
This body butter is the best. Not greasy at all and it locks in moisture. I’m on my 3rd jar of it! I use it in the following ways:
– a very small amount on my cheeks to lessen the redness of rosacea
– on my legs after shaving
– on any dry areas of my body after my shower to lock in the moisture
– on my feet after a pedicure – great on the heels!
Lorraine Crowe –
I love your many ways to use my body butter Liz. Thanks for the great options!!