During this busy time of the year, we are all looking for something easy and quick to make and take somewhere or just keep for ourselves as a little treat.
I’ve made this Chocolate Peppermint Bark many, many times and it’s always been a huge hit. I always have lots of people asking for the recipe each year, so I thought I’d share with you all!
If you’re not a fan of candy canes, I have options for you. Try chopped nuts, dried cranberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, or whatever you think would go with chocolate….um everything!
Chocolate Peppermint Bark
A simple and festive treat. Easy to make, and freezes well (if you happen to have any leftovers, which I never do!)
- 1 bag Chocolate Chips
- 1/2-1 tsp. Peppermint Extract *choose the amount depending on how “minty” you’d like them
- 3 tbsp. White Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Candy Canes or candy cane pieces -which I’ve seen at Bulk Barn
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips with 1 tsp of coconut oil, then put in a bit of peppermint extract. Spread on the sheet.
- Melt white chocolate chips with 1/4 tsp. coconut oil, drizzle on the chocolate. (I took a butter knife and drug it through them both to make a design!)
- Put 1-2 candy canes into a blender to chop up and sprinkle them on top of the chocolate.
- Put into the fridge for a few minutes until they slightly harden.
- Use a pizza cutter and cut out squares with a knife, then put back in the fridge until hard. Or, you can just let harden completely and break into different size pieces when solid.
Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!