One of the biggest questions I get asked is “Do you have anything to help with my wrinkles?” While I do have many natural products that can help. We need to realize that wrinkles are natural and we should instead be proud of our wrinkles because we’ve earned them. But having said that, I also understand that we all don’t want them to come on too fast, right?
Aging of the skin is a natural process by which the collagen and elastin, that keep our skin looking firm and youthful, begin to decline, this results in wrinkles. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time resulting in wrinkles. These factors are out of our control, though diet and supplements can slow down the process, they won’t stop it.
There are influences that are within our control which are primarily environmental – such as pollution (eg; smoking) and sun damage. Our choices are within our control, so choose well for your skin.
Here are 20 easy ways to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process:
20 Simple Wrinkle Erasers
- Stop smoking (It’s #1 for a reason)
- Always wear sunscreen whether it’s cloudy or sunny and don’t sunbake.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
- Use natural skincare products that contain antioxidants.
- Moisturize the skin on your face twice daily.
- Reduce stress. (Try reading, exercising, and/or meditating) 15 minutes a day is a good start.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Overindulging can put enormous strain on your system and will accelerate wrinkles forming.
- Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables into your daily diet.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
- Eat fish three times a week. Great for the skin and general health.
- Check with your doctor about taking supplements, your diet may be lacking some of the important ones.
- Use an eye cream for the delicate skin around the eyes every morning.
- Facial scrubs and masks remove the build-up of dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles, try this weekly.
- Use natural skincare products that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skin’s natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
- Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, it will help boost your collagen.
- Start a good skincare routine in your 20’s. Prevention is much easier than a cure is.
- Incorporate a daily face massage/face yoga practice into your skincare routine.
- Use products containing Aloe Vera and Avocado oil, which have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skin’s elasticity.
- A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to sleep on your back at night.
My skincare products all contain the goodies mentioned in the list, they are made using safe, pure, clean plant-based ingredients full of nourishing benefits for our skin. Please check out my facial products, which you can find here.
Now, which wrinkle erasures will you be incorporating into your daily routine?
To Your Health and Beauty,